6/17/07

Ready or not, here I come...

Yesterday was a strange day... We woke up and decided to go to the beach. Marcos left earlier because he went running and we were going to meet at the beach. When me and Flavinha arrived there, it was so windy that it was impossible to stay. We were being covered by sand even before stepping on the beach.

So we decided to come back to our place and stay at the pool, but when we got there there was no sun at the pool anymore, so we just gave up. But the day was so beautiful and warm... We just went home, had lasagna for lunch and watched a good movie: Little Children, with Kate Winslet and Jeniffer Connelly. It was a bit depressing but I think that it tells about things that really happens in life, so it was a good choice.

I was excited for the night because we were going to Lauryn Hill's concert. I'm not a huge fan of hers, but I liked Fugees and loved her first solo album. The concert was scheduled to start at 21h with some unknown band that opened for her and Lauryn's concert would start at 21:30h. Considering that it would be delayed we left home at 21:30 and when we got to the place it was crowded and the line to get in was huge. It was so unorganized that we stayed at the line for about 15 min without going forward.

I noticed that it was because people were cutting the line at it's beginning and nobody did anything... I was so pissed, this is so wrong but it was the organizers fault. So we started to be worried about the time and decided to go to the beginning of the line and do the same. It was a shame, I was embarrassed, but unfortunately in that situation there was no other way...

The first show started at 22:30 and it was 00:30 when Lauryn got at the stage. The audience was not happy at all and we were very tired of standing for almost 3h now. But anyway, the concert was really good, I danced a lot and she sang many old songs from Fugees and after she sang Killing me softly we decided to leave.

It is really annoying not to be able to go to a small concert like this with a minimum of organization. I wonder how it will be in a few days when the city will be full of people because of the Pan American games. I'll prepare myself for the chaos.

2 comments:

Maria Fabriani said...

Nossa, que delícia, há quanto tempo que não vou num show.. nem mesmo a um desorganizado! hohoho. Querida AMEI sua foto aí de cima, com a minha sobrinha querida! Como é que ela está? Ai, que saudades de vocës! Adorei a foto, mas me deu um aperto no peito danado. :( Um beijão!

Renata Torres said...

Oi Mary!
Eu também adorei esta foto... Era colorida mas quando coloquei em preto e branco achei que ficou muito legal. Ping está toda comportada em cima da mesa e olhando para a camera, né?
Ela está ótima, cada vez mais fofa...
Beijo